Sunday, December 12, 2010

Keep it Simple Stupid

The space on one of the few non-slanty walls on the second floor needed something and I decided on a small shelf. About the same time, I was trying to come up with a storage solution for my drop spindles, as my current method of leaving them wherever I was sitting when I used them last wasn't really working. (This method also led to one of my favorites going missing for nearly a year.)

The solution that presented itself was so simple that I feel a little stupid for not thinking of it sooner.

A wooden shelf that we already had in the house and a two dollar package of eye-screws later and I have a perfect storage/display rack.



There's also space for this little guy. My mother got this for me last year from a booth at Rhinebeck and gave it to me for Christmas. Of all the sheep-related items in that particular booth she picked this one for me because she thought I would like it.



She was right. I had already been through the same booth and gotten an identical one a few minutes earlier.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

those are lovely little lambkins.

LICraftgal said...

Great idea!!! Love the lambs too! I already have the shelf up now to go get the eyes. Thanks for the idea.