Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Woosh

It's been a very long but very fast week. Aside from the usual busy-ness at work, my evenings have been busy getting ready for my annual camping trip with my mom.

Now, my brother and I have always loved camping. My brother and sister-in-law actually went camping for thier honeymoon and I was a counselor at a Girl Scout camp through college (I still miss having my bed outside all summer). My mother's idea of roughing it however, pretty much meant anything less than three stars. So imagine my surprise when I talked her into going tent camping a few years ago and she loved it.

Keep in mind, now, I'm talking about "go to a campground with flush toilets and showers, where you drive into a site and unload your stuff onto the spot where you'll be living for the next few days," camping as opposed to "hike up a mountain carrying everything you need to survive on your back" camping. Let's be real. But she took to it pretty enthusiastically and now we go at least once or twice every summer. Last year, we got her to camp in North Carolina for an entire week and we also got her to do this:

That's her in the front. Can't wait to see what we can get her to do next. For now, though, I need to pick what knitting projects I'm going to take with me and get some sleep.

No comments: